Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm in!!!

I just got the email saying that I've got a spot saved for me to do the 3-day walk. I'm pretty excited and I must admit, very nervous about this. This is going to be a huge goal for me to achieve. 60 miles in 3 days is no easy feat. Well, that combined with not really enjoying being out in nature and I'm going to be camping in it...hmmm...not exactly sure that this is the best fit for me. But you know what...I'm sure Breast Cancer isn't really a "fit" for the men and women who get it either. So I'm not allowing myself to do any complaining. It's for an incredible cause and that's all that matters.

My goal now, besides training, is to find someone to go with me to San Diego and raise the necessary funds. If anyone has any good fundraising tips, please comment to let me know.

Here's the actual email:


Dear jayne,
Your spot is saved!
Thanks for stepping up and saving your spot for the 2008 Breast Cancer 3-Day. It's the enthusiasm and support of people like you that make the 3-Day such an incredible journey. We'll be in touch in October when 2008 registration opens. We look forward to working with you, walking with you and bringing hope to the millions of people battling breast cancer.
Your Breast Cancer 3-Day Team


For more information about the Breast Cancer 3-Day, Susan G. Komen for the Cure or the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund, visit www.The3Day.org or call 800.996.3DAY.

No comments: